Are you eligible?
- Your research organisation, which must apply for the research funding on your behalf (university, university college or research centre), has its main office in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- The partner entity is a company or administrative authority, with its main office in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- The candidate's degree allows him to carry out a PhD. He must not have already enrolled for a PhD prior to the project’s submission.
- While conducting the PhD,the researcher must spend at least 50% of his time working for the partner company or public authority. He shall be supervised by a professor or researcher (supervisor) of your research organisation, and a supervisor of the company or administrative authority.
Find out more about the criteria for eligibility in our regulations.
The procedure in 3 steps
1. The application is introduced via the regional platform 'IRISbox / My Brussels' by the applicant research organisation (available from 22 February). They must be entered no later then 12 noon on 30 April 2021.
Via the regional platform, you can not only submit your application electronically, but you can also follow up your current grants and consult some information about your research organisation.
Applications must be drawn up using the form available in French and Dutch at the bottom of this page and on the IRISbox platform. Some parts of the form you can fill out directly on the platorm IRISbox, others have to be uploaded on the platform.
Please note: the projects must be submitted to the TTO/KTO (Technology/knowledge transfer office) of the research institution several days before the deadline for submission to Innoviris. As such, please contact this department as soon as possible in order to find out the internal deadline specific to your institution and prepare your application.
How to submit your application on the IRISbox platform?
- Register your organisation once on CSAM. If your organisation is already registered on CSAM for other federal or regional services, you can skip this step. Do you need help with this step of the procedure ? Consult the manual or contact CSAM
- As an employee of your organisation, log in to IRISbox via Itsme or eID. You can add other employees if necessary. It is also possible to invite individuals from outside the research organisation, particularly stakeholders from the partner entity. Do you need help with this step of the procedure ? Please contact Irisline
- Go to the Proof of Concept application form via the search bar of Innoviris and fill in the form online. Do you have any questions about the content of the online form? Contact the Innoviris contact person.
2. After confirmation by Innoviris of the admissibility of the application, a jury of scientific and business experts will evaluate the application, based on the submitted documents, an interview and according to the criteria defined in the regulations below.
3. If your application is evaluated positively, the grant will be awarded and paid in several tranches during the project.
The research funding covers 100% of the researcher’s grant or salary, as well as operating expenses relating to the work conducted within the research organisation and general expenses. The researcher is thus hired (100%) by the beneficiary research organisation for the whole period of the PhD project.
The PhD project may last no more than four years.
The Interface department (TTO/KTO) of your research organisation may provide funding to help set up the project and for maintaining the relations between the partners. It coordinates the submission of funding applications to Innoviris.