Are you eligible?
To be eligible for research funding, you must be a researcher and have a PhD:
- you must either have been conducting post-doctoral research abroad for at least two years
- or have held an R&D position in a Belgian or international company for at least two of the past three years. In that case, you are only eligible for research funding if you are not currently employed by a Belgian academic institution, or were not employed by such an institution during the past twelve months.
Find out more about the terms and conditions for eligibility in our regulations.
The procedure in 3 steps
- Download the application form and the evaluation form.
- Have the academic authorities of your university or university college submit the application.
- The projects are for three years only, and can be renewed for maximum two years.
The research funding targets Belgian expatriate researchers or international researchers.
Contact your Technology Transfer Office or R&D department for more information.