Are you eligible?
- You are an SME with activities in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- Your company does not have any financial difficulties, in accordance with the European Directive.
- All obligations are fulfilled in the context of any previous regional support.
- You are able to demonstrate that the company can finance its own share of the project.
- If a patent attorney is involved, he/she must be officially recognised by the Belgian Office for Intellectual Property (OPRI) or by the European Patent Office (EPO).
- The patent application (whether an initial filing [priority application] or a geographical extension) may not be filed before the aid application.
Find out more about the terms and conditions for eligibility in the form.
The procedure in 3 steps
- Submit your application at any time throughout the year.
- Submit your patent or extension application after submitting your application to Innoviris.
- If your application is deemed eligible, your project can start right away.
The procedure and evaluation criteria are explained in the form.
The funding covers admissible expenses related to the patent application procedure, for a period of maximum 3 years in case of a PCT international patent application and maximum 4 years in case of a national patent application followed by a PCT international patent application: fees, management costs, certification of official documents, translations and so on.