Are you eligible?
- You are a research organisation, which develops all or some of its activities in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- Your project:
- aims to create a spin-off in Brussels.
- has the support of a researcher-entrepreneur, holding a diploma of higher education of the long type and a supervisor (senior professor or researcher).
- has the support of at least two sponsors from the economic world who will accompany the researcher-entrepreneur during the economic valorisation of the project.
- is likely to have a favourable impact on the economy, employment or sustainable development in the Brussels-Capital Region.
Find out more about the terms and conditions for eligibility in the regulations.
The procedure in 2 steps
1. The application is introduced electronically via the regional platform 'Irisbox / My Brussels' by the applicant research organization. They must be entered no later then 12 noon on 15 January 2021.
An electronic version must also be sent to email@example.com.
Via the regional platform, you can not only submit your application electronically, but you can also follow up your current grants and consult some information about your research organisation.
Applications must be drawn up using the form available at the bottom of this page and on the IRISbox platform. The form consists of 2 parts:
- the first one including the general information related to the project that must be encoded on the IRISbox platform ;
- the second one including the description of the team, the project and the valorisation perspectives. It has to be uploaded on IRISbox in .doc or .odt format. Applications must be approved by the research institution.
Please note: the projects must be submitted to the KTO/KTI of the research institution several days before the deadline for submission to Innoviris. As such, please contact this department as soon as possible in order to find out the internal deadline specific to your institution and prepare your application.
How to submit your application on the IRISbox platform?
- Register your organization once on CSAM. If your organization is already registered on CSAM for other federal or regional services, you can skip this step. Do you need help with this step of the procedure ? Consult the manual or contact CSAM
- As an employee of your organization, log in to Irisbox via Itsme or eID. You can add other employees if necessary. Do you need help with this step of the procedure ? Please contact Irisline
- Go to the Proof of Concept application form via the search bar of Innoviris and fill in the form online. Do you have any questions about the content of the online form? Contact the Innoviris contact person.
2. After confirmation by Innoviris of the admissibility of the application, a jury of scientific and business experts will evaluate the application, based on the submitted documents, an interview and according to the criteria defined in the regulations below.
The procedure is explained in the regulations. Applications submitted using an other form or manner shall not be taken into consideration.
The funding covers 100% of the project cost.
The funding covers a period of two years and can be extended for another year.