BEL-SME is an initiative piloted by Innoviris, the Service Public de Wallonie and Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship (VLAIO) to promote collaborations between Belgian SME across the various regions with a joint call for transregional projects.
Are you eligible?
To be selected, your proposal must:
- be aimed at developing innovative products, processes or services, with a clear market potential.
- must involve at least two SMEs from two different Belgian regions, that are equal partners in the project.
Brussels SMEs must:
- develop all or part of their activities in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- present a project that is likely to have a favourable impact on the economy, employment or sustainable development in the Brussels-Capital Region.
Find out more about the conditions for eligibility in our regulations below..
The procedure in 3 steps
The BEL-SME programme supports joint projects but the funding and evaluation is decentralised, and the competence of the regional institutions.
- You submit a joint form (see below), with the partner SME(s), outlining the collaboration and a draft consortium agreement.
- As a partner SME in the Brussels-Capital Region, you must apply for funding using the regional form supplied by Innoviris.
- Your project will be evaluated by the funding agencies of each involved partner, which will take a joint decision.
Your company must have fulfilled its obligations under previous grants awarded by the Region and must demonstrate its ability to fund its share of the project expenses.