Are you eligible?
Your project must comply with the eligibility criteria defined by the Horizon 2020 European framework programme, which are published on the ECSEL website.
In order to obtain funding as a Brussels partner, you must:
- develop all or part of your activities in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- present an innovative R&D project that is likely to have a favourable impact on the economy, employment or sustainable development in the Brussels-Capital Region.
As a Brussels company, you must also:
- be able to show your ability to fund your share of the cost of the research for which you wish to obtain funding.
- have fulfilled your obligations under previous funding received from the Brussels-Capital Region.
As a Brussels research centre, you must also:
- collaborate with a Brussels company.
No partner may bear more than 70% of the cost of the project.
Find out more about the terms and conditions in the ECSEL brochure.
The procedure in 3 steps
- Submit your application via the Participant Portal of the European Commission.
- To obtain funding from the Brussels-Capital Region, you must simultaneously submit an application using the appropriate form.
- You can also obtain funding to help set up your European project.
The financial support covers:
- For research centres: 100% of the project cost.
- For companies: between 15% and 70% of the project cost, depending on the size of your company and the project focus (industrial research of experimental development).
The rates mentioned above apply to the total amount of the financial support (including the financial support granted by the ECSEL secretariat).