Once a year, ITEA offers the opportunity to submit research project proposals that fit in the domain of software innovation.
A two-stage call evaluates and improves the quality of the project proposal, leading to a selection of high quality project proposals that are awarded the official ITEA label. The ITEA label allows project partners to apply for public funding from their national authorities.
Consortia & project characteristics
- Project consortia need to have at least two different partners from two different countries, of which one must be a EUREKA Member Country and another one either a EUREKA Member Country or a EUREKA Associated Country.
- Project consortia can be composed of representatives from large industry, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), research institutes, universities and user organisations (profit or non-profit).
- ITEA projects are industry driven, technically innovative and business oriented.
- ITEA projects last up to three years.
Two-stage Call process
- Producing a Project Outline (PO): This PO gives a short overview of a project, mainly to describe the project goals, innovation, targeted business impact and consortium.
- Producing a Full Project Proposal (FPP): This FPP describes the project plan and how the project will be executed and managed. Approved FPPs will receive the ITEA label.
Innoviris is fully involved in the evaluation and labelling of projects. After labelling, Brussels partners can apply for funding through Innoviris.