"Building the Brussels Region of tomorrow beyond the barriers of yesterday: overcoming socio-technical lock-in", that's the theme of the call Prospective Research 2023. This call for proposals is anchored in the current Brussels context to question the technical and social blockages of our society and offer various scenarios for public policies to deal with them. The aim of this call is to help the Brussels-Capital Region to raise its profile in order to overcome our current inability to choose and to transform itself in order to build an inclusive society in terms of social cohesion, mobility, housing, public services, education, culture and access to care, among other areas of work that will enable it to face the major social, economic and environmental challenges that it faces.
On 9 November 2022, from 9:30 AM to 12 PM, 3the floor, we are organising a hybrid infosession (in-person and Teams) to explain the call and to answer all your questions.
Click here to suscribe (mandatory). You will receive the Teams link the day before the session.
Are you eligible?
- You are a researcher in human sciences or exact sciences and have at least a Master’s degree.
- You are part of a team of several multidisciplinary researchers.
- Your supervisor is a professor, an accredited researcher or the research director of a research institution.
- Your project
- contributes to new knowledge on the themes, which is a priority for the Brussels-Capital Region;
- anchors the research in a solid prospective approach;
- pays sufficient attention to the regional valorization of the research.
- The research institution must have fulfilled its obligations under previous aid granted by the Region.
Find out more about the terms and conditions for admissibility in our guidelines.
The procedure in 2 steps
- Submit your complete proposal, using this form, before 12 January 2023 12 PM.
- If your project is admissible, it will be evaluated by a jury composed of academic experts and prospecting specialists, as well as representatives of Innoviris.
The description of the theme of the 2023 call, the admissibility and evaluation criteria, the eligible costs for your budget as well as the complete procedure are explained in our regulations.
The projects must be submitted by the relevant academic authorities. Contact your Tech Transfer Office (or the R&D Department) for further information.
The funding covers projects of maximums 3 years.
Writing your policy recommendations and lacking inspiration? Be inspired by previous policy briefs!
Please contact Emmanuelle Pottier for further information.