We finance 15% to 70% of the cost for:
- Industrial research: you want to acquire scientific knowledge in order to achieve a predetermined industrial or commercial goal. The result of this project leads to the development of a proof of business or a prototype.
- Experimental development: you want to develop an innovative product, process or service and have already taken some steps to analyse the feasibility of your idea. There are still uncertainties and risks regarding the concrete use of the technology. This project results in a prototype tested in a real environment.
- Organisation and process innovation: you want to implement a new process or a new method of production or delivery in your company. You have defined the issues with the current and estimated the benefits of your proposed innovation. You have tested the innovation on a small scale.
This programme gathers three programmes formerly known as 'Explore', 'Shape' and 'Upgrade'.
Find out more about the different categories and rates in our programme guide.
Are you eligible?
- You are a company that develops all or part of its activities in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- Your company is not in difficulty, in accordance with the European legislation (p.19, point 18)
- You R&D project presents the development, completion or implementation of an innovative product, process or service.
- You can show your ability to fund your share of the cost of the program.
- You have fulfilled your obligations under previous funding granted by the Brussels-Capital Region.
Find out more about the terms and conditions for eligibility in the form.
The procedure in 3 steps
- Submit the application form electronically via the regional platform 'Irisbox / My Brussels' or by filling out the form at the bottom of this page. If you wish to submit your file electronically, please follow the guidelines below:
- Register your organization once on CSAM. If your organization is already registered on CSAM for other federal or regional services, you can skip this step. Do you need help with this step of the procedure ? Consult the manual or contact CSAM.
- As an employee of your organization, log in to Irisbox via Itsme or eID. You can add other employees if necessary. Do you need help with this step of the procedure ? Please contact Irisline.
- Go to the R&D Projects application form via the search bar of Innoviris and fill in the form online. Do you need help filling in the form? Contact the Innoviris contact person.
- Our advisors analyse the eligibility of your project and define the category under which your project will be financed.
- In your application is eligible, your project can start.
The procedure is detailed in the form.
All documents ara available in French and Dutch.
The grant can be awarded under two different forms: as a grant or as a repayable advance.
The percentage of funding depends on different technical and commercial factors.
Read the regulations for more information about the criteria used by our advisors to determine the amount of funding.
After submitting your grant application, you will receive confirmation of your application within 2 hours. If you do not receive such confirmation, you must contact us in any case.
Looking for an expert in a specific domain? Research2B helps you to find the Brussels-based research team you need for your project!
|R&D Projects - guidelines
|R&D Projects - form
|Clinical validation form
|How to calculate the size of your company
|How to benefit for the bonus for effective co-operation
|How to write a progress report
|Joint R&D Projects - guidelines
|Joint R&D Projects - form