The Regional Innovation Plan is the upshot of a comprehensive and inclusive process. More than 200 people from different sectors were consulted, including companies, colleges and universities, (regional) public institutions, representatives of the other Belgian Regions and Communities, professional associations and civil society. This inclusive approach ensures broad-based support for the Brussels research and innovation ecosystem.
The exercise has culminated a synthetic plan that is structured along four transversal, strategic axes:
- Improving the innovation chain
- Supporting new forms of innovation and new innovation players
- Improving communication on and raising awareness of the Regional Innovation Plan
- Ensuring a more inclusive and effective governance of the Regional Innovation Plan
The plan pays particular attention to three strategic priority areas that reflect the Region’s strengths. These areas can, in fact, also create leverage for welfare in Brussels.
- Health - Personalised medicine
- Environment - Green economy
- ICT – Digital economy