Are you eligible?
- Your research organisation, which must apply for the research funding on your behalf (university, university college or research centre), has at least one researchits main office in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- The partner entity is a company or administrative authority, with its main office in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- The candidate's degree allows him/her to carry out a PhD. He/she must not have already enrolled for a PhD prior to the project’s submission.
- While conducting the PhD, the researcher must spend at least 50% of his time at the partner company or public authority. He shall be supervised by a professor or researcher (supervisor) of the research organisation, and a supervisor of the company or administrative authority.
Find out more about the criteria for eligibility in the guidelines (Reglement) of the Applied PhD program.
The procedure in 3 steps
- Applications, using the form available at the bottom of this page, are submitted by the applicant research organisation via its Knowledge Transfer Office. They can be submitted until 5 December 2022 at 12:00. They are sent to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Applications must be drawn up using the form available in French and Dutch at the bottom of the associated pages. Note that the form can be filled in Englisch.
- After confirmation by Innoviris of the admissibility of the application, a jury of scientific and business experts will evaluate the application, based on the submitted documents, an interview and according to the criteria defined in the regulations below.
- If your application is evaluated positively, the grant will be awarded and paid in several tranches during the project.
The research funding covers 100% of the researcher’s grant or salary, as well as operating expenses relating to the work conducted within the research organisation and general expenses. The researcher is thus hired (100%) by the beneficiary research organisation for the whole period of the PhD project.
The PhD project may last no more than four years.
The Interface department (TTO/KTO) of your research organisation may provide funding to help set up the project and for maintaining the relations between the partners. It coordinates the submission of funding applications to Innoviris.