Are you eligible?
To qualify for this funding, you must hold a doctorate. From the start date of your project, you must also:
- have held an academic research post abroad for at least the last two years
- have worked in industrial research, experimental development, or innovation in a Belgian or foreign company for at least two of the last three years.
These projects run for three years, renewable for a maximum of two years.
All the conditions of the programme are available in the regulations.
The procedure in 3 steps
- Download the application form.
- Contact your Knowledge Transfer Officers or counterparts. They will help you to develop your research project and the pathway for exploiting your anticipated results.
- Make sure that the academic authorities of your research organisation have submitted your application before 12 noon on 4 March 2024.
Good to know
The aim of the Brains for Brussels programme is to encourage high-level researchers, currently working abroad or in the private sector, to carry out pioneering research relevant to the Brussels-Capital Region in which the results will be exploited.
Do not hesitate to contact the Knowledge Transfer Officers or counterparts for further information.